When we want to have a really memorable party we have a wine tasting party. Only certain guests can really appreciate an unsophisticated wine tasting activity. This year, we told everyone to bring really good bottles.
A Fast Wine Tasting Set-up:
- 3-5 people per group (Give everyone a # and don’t let couples be together in the same group)
- Label each bottle with a number. Divide up the whites and reds
- Give each group a piece of paper labeled with a number for each bottle of wine. A wine rating of 1-5 will be decided on by everyone in each group. 5 is the best and 1 rating is the worst. (Of course, my group had to start giving 2.25 ratings and 1.75 ratings)
- Designate a number cruncher at the party (Accountant, Actuaries, CFO, or an Engineer paired up with an Artist, Writer, or Teacher = Instant Fun) to figure out the winner.
White Winner (out of 4 whites):
- Chateau St Jean Chardonnay (09 • $12.99 – 07 • #25.99) – (90 PTS WILFRED WONG)
Red Wine Winner (out of 10 reds):
- Dierberg Pinot Noir 07 ($35-40) (Dierberg Pinot Noirs Rate between 90-95 PTS)