I made this one again tonight! It is a really tasty vegetarian tomato pasta sauce that you can throw together in one dish and easily get it on the table in a flash (well, 40 minute bake time).
Baked Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1, 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes + juice (I use fire-roasted)
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (or mixed) black/greek olives &/or green olives
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven 400F.
In a baking dish (9×13), pour olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Then add the tomatoes and all of the veggies (you can add mushrooms too) and mix a bit. Then top the mixture with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Cook the pasta of your choice and put the baked sauce on top!