Our last Gourmet Club Dinner was a really fun one because of its Fast Food themed recipes!
- The host assigned us each a restaurant and told us to find a dish or recipe we wanted to recreate in anyway. They made the salad and dessert to make sure to cover those but the rest was wide open.
We ended up doing Wendy’s Chili (being from Ohio and all, near the founding location of Wendy’s in Dublin, OH) and Frosty’s. The Chili was good but the Frosty’s tasted exactly like the real thing (see recipe below). This was such a fun meal and the Mini-Big Mac Sliders were amazing
- Mini McDonald’s Big Mac Recipe (See here for Burger Part and how to layer them and here for Special Sauce Part, friends who made these used Greek yogurt rather than Miracle Whip)
- Mini-Slider Buns from Trader Joe’s (even with sesame seeds on top, they worked perfectly)
- McDonald’s Fries (Super labor intensive work but Serious Eats tells you how to make McDonald’s fries to do it! We added salt and sugar, yes McD’s put sugar on their fries, and made frozen fries (fast food style frozen fries) that were baked first and then fried.
- McDonald’s Apple Pie Recipe
- Cranberry, Apple, Walnut Salad (We left the chicken out of it since we were having so much other meat).
- Chick-Fil-A Fried Chicken Recipe (Once again, Serious Eats Food Lab figured it out!) + BBQ Sauce & Ranch