- Shortbread Diamond Cookies
- Tijuana Tidbits Recipe
- Holiday Danish Pastry Wreath Recipe
- Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole (served w/ above pastry)
- Bacon+Cheese Fondue Dip Recipe
- Bacardi Rum Cake Recipe
Shortbread Diamond Cookie Recipe:
- 5 cups flour
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
Combine ingredients with blender. Roll up cookie dough in wax paper and place in refrigerator until the day you are ready to bake the cookies.
Preheat oven to 350F. Roll out 1/4? thick. Cut into diamonds using a knife (see photo). Bake 12 minutes. Frost and add sprinkles.
- 1/3 c. butter
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. cream or milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Assorted food coloring & sprinkles
Beat together all ingredients until smooth. Use food coloring and make several different colors of frosting.
Tijuana Tidbits Recipe
Makes 18 cups
- 4 cups tortilla chips, broken into 1 1/2” pieces
- 3 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 bag microwave popcorn popped (8-9cups)
- 1, 12 ounce can of mixed cocktail nuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground red pepper
Heat oven to 250F.
Combine chips, cereal, popcorn, and nuts in large roasting pan. Combine other ingredients in small saucepan, heat to boiling. Pour over cereal mixture in pan, stirring to coat. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn onto sheet of wax paper to cool.
Store in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
- 1 1/2 c. Blue Bonnet, softened
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 pkgs. dry yeast
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 egg
- 3 3/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. Zwieback crumbs (can’t find it anymore, we did fine it at Meijers, so we used an Almond Biscotti, crumbled)
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) can almond paste
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Place stockinette cover on rolling pin; flour well. Roll dough to a 12×16 inch rectangle. Fit cold butter mixture over half of dough, leaving a margin at edges; remove waxed paper. Fold dough over butter; pinch edges to seal.
Place fold of dough to the right; roll dough to a 16×8 inch rectangle. (If butter breaks through dough, flour heavily and continue rolling.) Fold rectangle into thirds; pinch edges to seal. Wrap dough in waxed paper; chill 1 hour. Repeat rolling, folding, and sealing process; chill 30 minutes. Repeat rolling, folding and sealing process; wrap dough in aluminum foil and chill 8 hours.
Divide dough into 2 equal portions; chill half of dough. Roll remaining dough into a 22×8 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 3 equal lengthwise strips. Spread 1/3 cup Almond Filling down center of each strip, leaving a 1-inch margin at each end.
Close edges of dough over filling, pinching edges and ends. Take the 3 strips and braid. Join ends by pinching, then join together to form wreath.
Place brown paper on a baking sheet. Carefully transfer braid to baking sheet; form into a wreath with a 6-inch-diameter hole. Join ends of braid; firmly pinch ends to seal.
Cover; let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free of drafts, until doubled in bulk. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to wire rack to cool (pastry is very fragile, so move gently).
Repeat process with remaining dough. Spread half of glaze over each wreath. Garnish cake with candied cherries if desired. Yield: 2 coffee cakes.
Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- SEE THIS LINK FOR A PHOTO.
6 slices white bread/cubed
1 lb. cooked sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups milk
8 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. salt
Mike all together and refrigerate overnight.
Bake in a 9 X 13 pan at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes.
Bacardi Rum Cake Recipe
- 1 cup chopped, pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix
- 1 1-3/4 ounce (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Dark Rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Dark Rum
Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour pan 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan. Combine all cake ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork. Drizzle glaze over top of Bacardi Rum Cake. Use brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on cake.
Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.
Bacon+Cheese Fondue Dip Recipe
You can serve this in a bread bowl or a Fondue pot. It is easy to make, fast and you can do it in the microwave.
- 4 Slices of Bacon, cut into 2? pieces
- 2 T flour
- 1 C milk
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 8 oz. Monetery Jack Cheese, shredded (2 C)
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded (1 C)
- 1 t. dry or prepared mustard
- 1/2 t. Worcestershire Sauce
- dash hot-pepper sauce
- Cook the bacon. Crumble and set aside.
- Put bacon drippings in a glass, microwavable bowl. Stir in the flour, add milk and garlic, stir until smooth. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes until thickened, stirring once. Discard garlic.
- Stir cheeses into milk mixture. Cook on medium (50% power) 4-6minutes until smooth, stirring once. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire, pepper sauce, and reserved bacon. Mixture will thicken as it stands. Makes 2 Cups.
Serve in round bread or Fondue pot. Remove top of bread and hollow out leaving a 1/2? shell. Serve with bread cubes, vegetables or chips.