This is a recipe that was inspired by the Main Street & Garden Cafe in Soquel, CA.
They change their menu all the time to suit their freshly grown goodies from their garden out back and this is one that we got to try.
You actually serve this asparagus salad cold after blanch the asparagus for about 1 minute.
To see how the Main Street & Garden Cafe’s salad looked, check out this link.
Shaved Asparagus & Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese Recipe
- 1 bunch Asparagus, sliced at an angle (See photo above)
- 1 basket pint Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup Goat Cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup Toasted sliced Almonds
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, chopped/minced
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine vinager
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Blanch Sliced Asparagus First:
- Bring water to rolling boil. Prepare a bowl of ice water, with ice cubes (I leave this in the sink).
- Drop Asparagus in and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove asparagus from boiling water using tongs and drop them into the ice water bath.
- Leave the asparagus in the water until it is cool.
Make dressing. Then combine Asparagus, strawberries, goat cheese, and toasted almonds. Put dressing on salad right before serving.
How to Toast Sliced Almonds
Preheat oven to 170F degrees. Put Almonds on a cookie sheet and bake for 15minutes.