It’s still not too late to celebrate the year of the Dragon. The Year of the Dragon Dinner Menu Recipes were all put together by a friend of ours who is a master at the recipe compilation for parties.
The year of the dragon started on January 23, 2012 and it will end on February 9th, 2013.
These recipes are tried and true for an entire meal at home with friends (thanks Aubri!). Aubri is the web recipe guru, probably why she is such a web-savy asset at Facebook. She knows how to find the winner recipes as tried by many viewers. The egg rolls with the mustard sauce are the bomb! We put the mustard sauce on everything.
Each menu item has a symbolic meaning.
And, don’t forget the oranges because they represent wealth and good fortune!
Year of the Dragon Chinese Feast Recipes:
- Red Lotus Cocktail Recipe with Lichido Liqueur or Lychee Liqueur
- Lychee suggests that future success is likely.
- Wild Mushroom Spring Rolls with Chinese Mustard Dipping Sauce (Killer mustard sauce)
- Spring rolls represent wealth and fortune.
- Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- Szechuan Style Spareribs Recipe
- Vegetable Chow Mein Recipe
- Noodles symbolize longevity.
- Zesty Chile Tiger Prawns Recipe
- Shrimp are believed to bring happiness and joy.
- 3 mangoes
- 2 1/4 c water, divided
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 T unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 c whipping cream
- Coarsely chop 2 mangoes. Dice the remaining mango.
- Combine coarsely chopped mangoes and 1/4 c water in a blender; process until smooth. Press puree through a fine sieve over a bowl; discard solids.
- Bring 3/4 c water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add sugar to pan, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 1 1/4 c water. Sprinkle gelatin over water in the saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Add the mango puree, stirring with a whisk. Pour the mixture evenly into each of 8 (6-oz) ramekins or custard cups. Cover and chill overnight or until set. Top evenly with diced mango.
Place cream in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Serve with pudding. [I might add some vanilla and powdered sugar, but it’s up to you.