- White Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6, 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1, 10-3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1, 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 or 6 chopped pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and/or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions 1. In a medium skillet cook the 1/4 cup pecans and onion in margarine or butter until onion is tender and pecans are lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
2. In a bowl combine the softened cream cheese, the 1 tablespoon milk, and cumin. Add nut mixture and chicken. Stir together until well combined.
3. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla near one edge; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam side down, in a greased 2-quart square baking dish.
4. In a bowl combine soup, sour cream, the 1 cup milk, and the pickled jalapeno peppers. Pour the soup mixture evenly over the tortillas in the baking dish. Cover with foil; bake in a 350 degree F oven about 45 minutes or until heated through.
5. Remove foil. Sprinkle enchiladas with cheese and the 2 tablespoons pecans. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Makes 6 servings.