Copious Winery in Santa Cruz is a fun-loving tasting room near the Swift Street Wine Tasting complex in Santa Cruz (Swift Street: Bonny Doon Vineyard, Odanata Cellars, Trout Gulch Vineyard and Santa Cruz Mountain Vineyard). We became a member of Copious after a day of tasting at a variety of spots because we have to admit, we really liked the winemaker Lance Campbell. He was very down to earth and unpretentious, and that is refreshing in the wine world. Tasting after tasting, one’s taste buds can give out so we knew the wine was good but we had no idea just how good by that time. Then we got our bottles home (hadn’t opened the bottles yet) and got news that Copious had won some major awards this year for their wine. They not only won the Best in Class at the 2010 State Fair with their 2009 Sauvignon Blanc, Monterey ($18) but they also won the Best in Class from the 2011 San Francisco Chronicle with their 2009 Pinot Noir, California ($32). BUT the Pinot Noir that we just loved was the 2009 Pinot Noir – Sonoma ($35) which won a Gold Medal in the 2011 San Francisco Chronicle. When you become a member you can use their hot tub on the premises too.
Copious Winery: 427 Swift Street Santa Cruz, CA 95060 – Friday 12-5 pm – Saturday -Sunday 12- 6 pm
To Find Santa Cruz Mountain Wine Events:
- Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Events
- Local Wine Events: Santa Cruz County & Silicon Valley Area
- Santa Cruz Mountain Wine Growers
- Surf City Vintners
Upcoming Santa Cruz Mountain Wine Events:
- April 30th -- This Saturday – Los Gatos Spring Wine Walk: from Downtown to Old Town 2pm-6pm, $35-45 - Sip, savor and shop your way through Los Gatos. Local wineries from the Santa Cruz Mountains and Santa Clara Valley will pour wine for your tasting pleasure at various shops and locations throughout downtown.Start in the downtown locations, open from 2-5:00; and finish your Wine Walk in the Old Town amphitheater, open from 3-6:00, where you will find more wineries, food samples, live music, models showing fashions from local shops; a raffle; and complimentary bottled water.
- May 1 — “Dare to Pair” Wine & Food Challenge: Surf City Vintners & Cabrillo - Santa Cruz
Wine & Food Education: Cabrillo Community College’s culinary students are teaming up with the Surf City Vintners group of Santa Cruz wineries for the second annual ‘Dare to Pair’ food and wine challenge. Try a wine and small plate appetizer at each of the 12 wineries and judge for yourself. Surf City Vintners Tasting Rooms, 402 Ingalls Street, Santa Cruz CA
Fee: Call for information Time: Call for information Phone Number: (831) 479.5012
- May 15 — Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Express - $55-$65 – Join the winemakers of the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association on Sunday May 15th, from 1pm to 5pm for a unique event pairing wine (over 70), food, music, and a trip on the Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Express at Roaring Camp Railroads.