Flank Steak Reuben Sandwich with Chipotle Reuben Sauce
• You can grill the meat and assemble these sandwiches the night before. Then wrap them in foil and place them in the refrigerator. The next day you grill the sandwiches on your panini maker for a hot lunch.
• You may grill the sandwiches on your sandwich press or in a hot buttered/oiled frying pan with a cover. Grill the other side once the bottom is browned.
Grilled Flank Steak:
12-ounce flank steak ready to grill
3 teaspoons coarsely ground pickling spice (can buy in spice section)
Preheat grill on high. Coat steak with pickling spice. Grill steak to medium-rare to medium. Remove steak from grill and let stand for at least 5 minutes. Cut flank steak into 1/4 inch slices.
• 12 slices Deli Rye Bread
• Grilled Flank Steak Sliced
• 1/4 cup Chipotle Thousand Island dressing (recipe below)
• 1 1/2 cups drained sauerkraut from jar
• 6 ounces thinly sliced Gruyère cheese
Nonstick olive oil spray
Heat up your panini maker or sandwich press until hot. Assemble the sandwich from bottom to top: 1 slice of bread, slices of meat, sauerkraut, sauce, cheese, and top with second slice of bread. Spray the panini maker with olive oil spray. Grill the sandwiches until the cheese is melted and the bread is browned.
Zach’s Thousand Island-Chipotle Reuben Sauce
4 parts mayonnaise
1 parts ketchup
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 tsp chipotle sauce from can (to desired spiciness)
1 part pickle relish
Pinch of sugar