$4.99/lb. Pre-Cooked Dungeness Crab from Coscto
$5 something a lb. at Whole Foods
4 crabs = 6 people
NOTE: The process of getting the meat out of the shells while sitting at the dinner table makes you think you are eating much, much more! This is part of the fun.
Steps to Deliciousness:
1. Steam the pre-cooked crabs.
*We did not boil them because they were already cooked and this may cause them to lose some of their flavor. We steamed 2 at a time because they were so large.
2. Melt 2 sticks of butter, 6-8 cloves of minced garlic, and 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes in a saucepan.
3. Clean & rinse the crabs in the sink under cool water after these removal steps:
- How to remove the apron.
- How to remove the carapace.
- How to remove the gills.
- How to remove the mandible.
4. How to break in half.
5. Place the crab halves in a glass baking dish and pour the melted butter mixture over top.
6. Heat the oven to 350F and heat the crab until warm.
7. Serve with side of melted butter, lemons, crab/lobster crackers, picks, and lots of napkins!
For a meal: Serve with sourdough bread, rice blend, and salad.